Do you want to know more about who we are, what we stand for, what we do and equally importantly what we don't do? Read on, you're on the right page! If you have any further questions please contact us.
Contractor Taxation was setup in 2008 by Duncan Macintosh and Tim Burgess. Contractor Taxation assists individuals, recruiters and employers with international assignments by providing work permits, business visas and payment solutions in almost every country in the world. Some background to us:
Duncan has over 12 years of experience in contractor management in Australia and the UK as an account manager and business owner. He has also worked as a contractor in London, Korea, Switzerland, Portugal, Poland and Australia. Duncan's role is to understand what you need and tell you if we have a provider who can help.
Tim has been involved with contractors - predominantly IT contractors - for his entire career. This includes stints as an IT recruiter, sales for an IT consultancy and teaming with Duncan in running a UK based contractor umbrella company for most of the 2000's. Tim's role is new and existing partnerships as well as day to day operations.
- We believe that working internationally is a rewarding and overwhelmingly positive experience for both the employee and the employer.
- We believe that contractors are an essential and valuable component to a mature employment market.
- We believe that employers who need specialist skills for time-critical projects should be able to use expert contractors from overseas.
- We believe that governments should be actively encouraging skilled expatriate workers into their labour markets.
www.contractortaxation.com provides information and services to international contract staff through our website and network of worldwide partners. We have existing relationships with companies all over the world who provide fully compliant employment, taxation and immigration solutions. We assist individual contractors, recruiters, HR professionals, global mobility providers and employers in choosing the right supplier for their circumstances. We are, in effect, a "one stop shop" for choosing a Contractor Management Company for an international assignment.
Our industry experience helps us understand your requirements and ensure we deliver appropriate services. We address your key concerns such as:
- What should you look for in a contractor management company?
- How can you minimise your risk and exposure?
- What happens if you or your client are investigated?
- How long does it take to get setup and how easy is it?
- Are they able to deal with any enquiries?
- Do they answer your phone calls?
- Are you able to see & file your invoices / timesheets / reports / expenses online?
- Are you covered by health, workers compensation and professional indemnity insurance?
- How much will you NET after all taxes, fees and social deductions?
- What happens if your employer / agent doesn't pay on time?
- How will you get your money?
- Will your visa status allow you to change jobs or gain permanent residency?
- Are you protected against legislative changes?
- Are you claiming your full expense entitlement?
- Who will file your taxes and in which jurisdiction?
- What documentation will you need?
- Is your personal and financial data secure?
The services we are able to offer contractors and temporary workers include: financial management, immigration and employment solutions, tax reduction, dual taxation, payroll, financial administration, wealth management, tax filing, work permits and sponsorship services. If you are interested in such services or, if your organisation provides such services and are interested to partner with us, please get in touch.
Currently we're able to provide solutions in almost every country in the world. We have country specific information for many of these locations. But we're adding new destinations all the time so be sure to ask if you're uncertain.
- We don't pass your details to anyone without your express permission.
- We don't organise work for candidates - nor do our partners. If you are looking for a company to organise a job and sponsorship for you in a country, then we can't help.
- We don't provide services directly. All services are delivered through our partner network.
- We don't charge you anything for advice. We get a referral fee if you decide to use one of the providers we recommend.
- We don't generally deal with people searching for permanent work - unless it is an employer who needs to outsource employment of their overseas employees or a permanent employee needing a third party to sponsor their work permit.
Again - if you have any further questions or feedback please contact us. We'd love to hear from you.